POSITION POSTING: Hartford Mobile Market Driver/Assistant Operator
Hartford Mobile Market Overview
The Hartford Mobile Market is a produce market on wheels that brings fresh fruits and vegetables to various Hartford neighborhoods. A program of Hartford Food System and Hispanic Health Council, the mobile market began operating in December 2014. The mobile market makes several market stops each week where shoppers board the bus to purchase affordable fresh fruits and vegetables using a variety of payment methods, including SNAP/Food Stamps. The goal of the mobile market is to increase access to fresh fruits and vegetables for Hartford residents. The market currently has five weekly stops and will be adding more stops over the course of the spring and summer until it is making about 12 weekly stops.
Hartford Food System is currently looking for an experienced driver to act as the HMM Driver/Assistant Operator. The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Driving the HMM to make regular stops around the City of Hartford;
- Working with the HMM Manager to set up and break down the market before and after scheduled stops;
- Restocking products and maintaining the market’s appearance;
- Engaging with customers, building a sense of mutual respect; and
- Assisting with outreach into targeted Hartford neighborhoods.
We are seeking a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License;
- Experience driving a school bus, box truck, or other large vehicle comparable to the HMM;
- Familiarity with the geography of the City of Hartford and experience driving in the city;
- Experience in a retail setting preferred, but not required;
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred, but not required; and
- Interest in local and sustainable food, food access, and public health.
The HMM Driver/Assistant Operator will work approximately 15-20 hours per week with the possibility of adding more hours as the market begins to make more frequent stops. The hourly wage will be $14/hour.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Pauline Zaldonis, the HMM Manager, at email@example.com. For more information, contact Pauline via email, or call 860-296-9325. We look forward to hearing from you!